Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My lowest point and a plea


On Monday, I got up, drove to work, attended the manager's meeting, got another bookfair set up, had lunch, and shortly thereafter was told that my position had been all but eliminated across Colorado, and that this was my last day. I'm angry, I'm hurt, I'm upset, and I'm practically broke to be honest with you. As many of you may be aware, I've been trying to get out of retail for a while and, now that fate has showed me the door, I'm not eager to go back into retail (not that anyone's hiring for upper management right after the holidays). So I'm pleading with you, my friends, to assist by helping me to promote my business Gypsybeads in any way you can (to hear a little more about what I create, check the bottom of this message). Tell your friends and family about it, post it on your blogs, or anything else you can think of. Yes, I'll continue to try to find suitable employment, but my business (which has sustained me in the past before moving to Colorado), is really my closest and least costly bet right now. And if you've been wanting to buy something , now would be a great time to do it. Thank you all in advance for your love and support :) Megan The Gypsy http://www.gypsybeads.etsy.com/ Gypsybeads is a place to find all things bright , fun and sparkly! From earrings and necklaces, to cell-phone charms, and hair ornaments, (and Christmas ornaments) I try to carry it all. I have a line of cute cards in the making, as well as candles, and possibly crystal-embellished t-shirts and accessories. I create one-of-a-kind jewelry and accessories for everyday wear, as well as stage-wear for Bellydance and Cabaret-style dancing. I do accept commission work with a consultation and deposit. I'll be posting new things nearly daily for a while to give you new things to drool over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to hear what you have to say, and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible :)