Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Great Gift Swap!

Last January, me and a bunch of friends posted that we would exchange handmade gifts with one another with a few conditions:

1) We couldn't guarantee that the person receiving the item would like it; and
2) We would exchange the gifts this year.

Sounds like a simple task, but it turned out to be harder than I thought because I'm just now getting around to making the items for my friends (and Joanna Oborn got me started because she brought me the most wonderful Strawberry Rhubarb Jam made from scratch). I decided to start with Joanna's Ring.

I had these great square pillow-cut Swarovski Crystals in Fire Opal. Joanna has a dance costume that's orange and red,and yellow, so I thought this would be perfect for her. I started to make a ring for her last night, and realized that, when I added a beaded bezel, it almost entirely lost the square shape, but I guess it didn't matter much in the end because I ended up weaving a sort of daisy around it in 4mm Bicones.

So here's the result. I hope she likes it. Not as much burgundy as I would have liked, but it's a start!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I bet that thing would catch your attention from across the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! Gee!!! I can't wait for Saturday! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to hear what you have to say, and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible :)