Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

A long few weeks :)

The last few weeks have been very full for me. I spent a lot of time cleaning in preparation for Chris's Mom to visit, so I really didn't get a day off last week. (Housework is for people who don't bead!) Mom's trip came and went. It was pleasant, and we tried our hands at glitter stained glass pictures, which didn't go as well as we would have liked. We canned the project in favor of chocolate covered Ritz crackers (not bad, but not as good as chocolate covered pretzels), and a marathon of Cake Boss and Project Runway.

Last week I taught my first private lesson since I opened, and it went great! Still some room in classes this week for Crystal Snowman Hats, and Brick Stitch Santa Earrings, so sign up if you're in the area. Work was very slow this week, and now I'm itching to get started on some projects that have been a long time coming. On the agenda for today? Collage boxes and pendants. I hopefully will finish early-ish so that I can start beading projects that have been 'waiting' around for a long time. Only problem? I didn't get to the Bead Room when I was on my cleaning spree, so I will have to work around the extreme mess in there.

Oh, and something else: I've been nominated as next year's Secretary for the Rocky Mountain Bead Society! Yay! It will be nice to be a part of a group again, if I get voted in that is. This week marks the Bead Society's annual holiday dinner. I have to make a pair of earrring to donate to Dress for Success, and have the chance of winning some great prizes if I donate 2 pairs, so I'll probably do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to hear what you have to say, and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible :)