Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The madness is over....


Yesterday I sent out 7 class proposals for the Bead&Button Show next year. There was much rejoicing at having met the deadline, and I came home and crashed. This morning, I woke up (waaaaayyyyy earlier than usual, mind you), got dressed and got into my car to drive to Frisco, CO to teach an earring class. I got 35 minutes or so into my trip, hit I70, and promptly sat still for a full 30 minutes in traffic. After the next 30 minutes where I moved a scant .3 miles, and realizing that I would be 2 hours late for my class, I was forced to cancel. It's the first time I've ever done that. It felt bad to say the least, but I had little choice in the matter.

Upon arriving home, I realized that I was too tired to do anything, so I attempted to take a nap so that I could continue on with my day. It helped little, and perhaps made me feel worse. Friends called to invite me to dinner, and I went looking forward both to seeing my friends, and to the fact that I would be picking up my new (used) kiln in a couple hours. While at dinner, I received a call from the woman I was supposed to pick up the kiln from. She needed to cancel for family reasons until tomorrow. As a consolation prize, I went to HobbyLobby to purchase a few little pieces of dichroic glass in the hopes of using my kiln tomorrow. Today was almost a complete waste 'awake' time. I am now updating my Etsy site a bit, and going through some of my old photos trying to organize them, then I will pass out and, hopefully, sleep soundly. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to hear what you have to say, and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible :)