Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Great Movies to Bead by...

I spend a lot of time beading 'alone' in my bead room with my trusty computer, and I watch a lot of movies that I've seen a million times (you know, the ones that you don't actually have to look at the screen for because you know them by heart?) I love to see movies that have great jewelry, romance, drama, costuming, or all of the above. I thought I would take a moment to highlight some of my favorites here.

This month: Pride and Prejudice 1996 version starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. This movie has it all: from action to drama to romance to suspense (not to mention some fantabulous jewelry in the ballroom scenes mainly on Mr. Bingley's Sisters). And, no matter how many times I watch it, I still wonder whether Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy will end up together at the end. It is 3 discs long (around 6 hours), and is good at least once every couple of months for an extra long beading session.

Don't have time for an extra long beading session? Try the 2005 version starring Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen which is a more modest 2 hours. At first I had a hard time visualizing Keira as the buxom Elizabeth, but the alluring Matthew Macfadyen is such a fabulous Mr. Darcy, that one hardly notices after a few scenes.

Seen both movies, and want a bit of a change? You've got to see Lost in Austen (2008)!
Lost in Austen is a neo-historical remake of the movie where a modern-day fan of the Jane Austen book Pride&Prejudice accidentally crosses over into the books' fictional world and proceeds to muck things up between nearly every character in the book! Warning: this movie deals with a lot of 'modern day' issues that would not have worked 'back then' in the book such as the main character not being a 'pure maid' ( if you catch my drift), so don't watch if you're offended by this type of banter, or by movies that are generally rated PG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to hear what you have to say, and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible :)