Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Childhood Memories


I remember one Christmas when I was a child where the only thing that I wanted was a bubblegum machine. I woke up Christmas morning and rushed to the tree expecting to see a shiny red bubblegum machine. Needless to say, I was disappointed when I finally got to the little plastic gumball machine with the bright yellow bottom. I'm not saying that I didn't eat the gum, I'm just saying that it wasn't what I was expecting. Several months ago, my friend Michelle gave me some Cabochons that she made while experimenting with resin. I loved the one she gave me that looked sort of like a bubblegum machine that had a little 'flaw' in it where the resin didn't quite reach the bottom, which made it look as if the bubblegum was going to spill out. I loved it! During the Bead&Button Show, she brought me some smaller,round ones that she made me. I covet them, and look at them all the time. I want to make a double-sided 3D miniature bubblegum machine with them. I'll let you know if I figure out how to make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to hear what you have to say, and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible :)