Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

History


As I prepare to spend my weekend dressed up as a Gypsy, possibly being chased by a mummy and his minions in a medieval Roman-esque setting, I am inspired by History. It is fun to play a leader among my people, and dress in a fun way. I take great pride in playing an 'accurate' Gypsy, even for the Larp system I play in, and I sort of miss the feeling of having a 'history' in my family. Most of them could care less where we came from, or how our ancestors got there, and that saddens me.


So here's to the Romanticized Gypsy, the Saucy Harem Girl, and Women Who Wore Pants Way Before Their Time! May you always be there in our hearts.



P.S. I won't be posting tomorrow due to being in the mountains with no 'modern' amenities. I hope to be back on Sunday, later in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to hear what you have to say, and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible :)