Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What happened?


What happened to you?:

Yes, I dropped off the face of the Earth, I know. I've been swamped with deadlines, and have had a death in the family, and I'm basically just re-connecting with the world in general.


I started another blog called 'Muse of the Magpie' in late June. It was an experiment conducted with my beady friend Michelle to see if we could both keep a daily blog about something, anything. I had some success for the first couple of months (my writing was more every other day), then I realized that a daily blog just wasn't for me, so I write in it about once a week or so. I may keep the blog to post things and people that inspire me.


What happened with THE Bag?:

I have worked on THE Bag a bit and am happy to be able to post a more recent picture than previously shown. I continue to work at a snails' pace to get it 'done'. Could be years honestly, but I'm trying :).


What happened with your Bead Room?:

I'm still in the process of cleaning and organizing my bead room. I know. I'm finally narrowing down how I want things to be situated. For starters, I removed my sewing machine and cloth, and promptly took over another bedroom for them. In case you're wondering if my husband minds; he's now taken over part of the garage to start his own micro-brewery with our friend Brad. I'll keep you up to date on how that goes.


What happened with the bellydance? :

Essentially, after much viewing of both studios and contracts, I chose a venue to start with. I printed out flyers, promoted, taught a couple demo classes, and promptly received a letter from the studio telling me that they were moving (again), and they were sorry to have to cancel. I can't say I've thought about it much since then, so it must have been a whim more than a pursuit. I continue to make and sell reuseable bindis for bellydancers and beyond, and still dance occasionally as the mood hits me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to hear what you have to say, and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible :)