Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What I'm working on now...


I have a lot of projects in the wings (as usual), and I'm trying to reorganize my Beadroom in a serious way (easier said than done, but it's getting there). Having created the jewelry for several friends this summer, I'm looking at ways to incorporate a bridal line into my general repertoir. To be honest with you, I don't know how I'm going to do that. My regular line is fun and colorful, and sometimes a little naughty, and these aren't the things I think about when I consider a grand victorian wedding. My friend Shannon said garters would be nice, and she's right, but that seems like a supplementary line (not to demean the persons who are making a living creating only garters, mind you). And how deep do I want to get in? Just necklaces, earrings, bracelets, or the whole shabang? Only time will tell. I have posted a pic of a necklace idea in the making for you to see. Very Victorian. What do you think?
Other than that, I've been working on a thin herringbone lariat made with transparent light grey ab beads. It looks like liquid smoke with a sheen, and I love it. I may incorporate Swarovski Pearls in midnight blue into the mix once I have the 48+ inches of the rope done. We'll see. I have several ideas for new styles of earrings involving rivolis and peacock feathers, have many new bindis in the making, and will someday start that bubblegum machine for all to see...no pressure.
I'm getting ready to approach more bead stores in the hope of, one day, being able to travel more extensively to teach. I am also getting ready to apply to BeadFest as I did months ago with Bead&Button. Submitting some work to magazines wouldn't be a bad idea, although I have a serious fear of rejection either way. I may be writing for A Grain of Sand Bead University soon, so keep an eye out. And I may be running a contest during the holiday season, so look for that as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to hear what you have to say, and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible :)