Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Almost Finished!


I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but the whole house has been sick, and crafting wasn't really an option.

Here are the 'almost' finished bindi boxes! I have added phrases to the back, and several coats of varnish to the front. They still need several more coats on both the front and back.

I learned the hard way that using my heat embosser as a blow dryer is a bad idea when working with varnish! It literally bubbles up and forms a clear balloon on top of the picture, which you then have to pick off and try again. I started fresh on the one featuring Nayna (bottom center), and the second one looks better I think.

After all of the coats of varnish are dry, I will add little mirrors to the top of the inside of the box, and I'm experimenting with adding a piece of pretty paper to the bottom inside. Michelle would be so proud that I was able to use some of the paper I bought so that she can talk me into buying more when I visit in September ;)




I'll keep you posted on any developments with the boxes.




It looks now as if I may be making hair ornaments for Hair Klaudt in Charlotte, so keep an eye out for Zombie jewelry and accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to hear what you have to say, and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible :)